Review: Burts Bees Lip Balm

14:15



Apart from my Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream ( REVIEW HERE) I had never tried anything from Burts Bees so was intrigued to try out this lip balm.

The lip balm comes in a no fuss twist up stick that makes it quick and hygienic to apply. It is also very small to fit in your pocket or handbag, in fact small enough to lose prior to writing this review! I have also had no problems with the packaging breaking or rubbing off!

This lip balm is the Original Bees Wax variety that contains Vitamin E and Peppermint oil, supposed to be refreshing and leave soft,smooth and 'supple lips'. I do agree with these claims as when I apply this it makes your lips very tingly (this is not painful though as I have experienced with said S&G mother pucker gloss) which also soothes them if they are sore ( mine have been particularly recently) and the balm glides easily over your lips to moisturise.

Burts Bees say to apply liberally and as often as needed. Unfortunately this is where the downfall of the product is. With this lipbalm I find it soothes and moisturises effectively with liberal application for 20-30 minutes before I need to reapply this as my lip feel dry and sore again. This may just be my lips but I can usually last up to a couple of hours with my Balmi and EOS balms without re-application.

Overall, despite the frequent need for reapplying this, I do love how soft it makes your lips and also the tingly peppermint this contains so this isn't all that bad, just not as good as other lip balms I have tried.

This is 100% Natural and retails for £3.69 HERE.

Have you tried the Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm?

*
P.S My lovely friend Molly has just started a beauty blog and I would love for you to check it out HERE

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like he Burts Bees lip balms but they aren't as good as Carmex in my opinion! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather’s been making my lips so dry so may have to try this ! :)

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe