Summer Empties: Beauty Trash - Part 1

20:48

It doesn't seem two minutes since I posted my last beauty empties but I've soon managed to rack up a substantial bag of beauty trash to share with you!

Avon Senses Lemon Lime and Ginger Shower Gel 

I was a little underwhelmed by Avon shower gels. You could hardly distinguish the scent and despite producing a rich and foamy lather, I didn't feel clean after using this and couldn't wait to finish a bottle that seemed to last forever. Because of this, I won't be repurchasing.

Dove Summer Glow Fair to Medium

I only had a few last uses in this from where I had frequently used and loved this last year. If you can tolerate the typical biscuity smell of a gradual tanner then this tanner is great for adding a hint of colour to your skin that isn't streaky if your application is careful.
 This particular shade Fair to Medium was perhaps too fair for my incredibly fair skin and I would normally opt for a shade darker so keep that in mind when buying this as otherwise it doesn't make much of a difference to your 'glow'. Full Review Here

Blanx White Shock Toothpaste

This worked to an extent as my teeth did seem whiter after using this, however,  I do think that the light-activated element of this is very gimmicky and unless on offer, this is overpriced for a toothpaste and one that I wouldn't repurchase.


Garnier Micellar Water 

After the disappointment that was the Loreal Micellar Water, I had high hopes for this. Fortunately this outperformed loreals offering and didn't require cotton wool pad after cotton wool pad in order to take off your face and eye makeup. This didn't sting my skin, break me out ( as far as I was aware anyway!) and wasn't scented. A definite repurchase and a product that I will be repurchasing in the near future once I finish out my current alternative.

ReGen Cream 

A £3 Aldi purchase that I unfortunately didn't agree with. I found that it did nothing but sting my skin when using it and the runny cream in a tub very impractical. I much prefer Rosehip oil for scarring and therefore  wouldn't repurchase this.

Aveeno Cream

My sister has always sworn by this for her Eczema however this works equally as well for dry and sensitive skin on your face or body. I would definitely use this again and I would repurchase if I ever ran out of moisturizer.

Ginvera Exfoliating Marvel Gel // Clarins Hydraquench Cream Mask // Anatomicals Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer 

 I always find it difficult to work out whether I like a skincare product based on a sample size however the Anatomicals I am intrigued to try again as despite being a strange concept, the gel patches were refreshing and great at cooling and soothing heavy eyes and dark circles. The marvel gel, however, I didn't have much luck with as it didn't seem to make a difference to the surface of my skin  despite the exfoliating beads. In addition, the Clarins mask, due to the hotter weather more recently, felt far too heavy for my skin and therefore is hard to gauge how 'quenching' the mask really is.

Klorane Mango Butter Shampoo // Garnier Ultimate Blends - The Sleek Restorer // Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Shampoo // John Frieda Full Repair Hydrate and Rescue Shampoo // MilkShake Colour Shampoo // 
Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo

If I was to repurchase a single shampoo from those photographed in this months empties then the John Frieda Full Repair Hydrate and Rescue Shampoo would be a clear winner. This did a great job at cleansing my hair without stripping my scalp nor weighing it down and making it greasy. Unfortunately the other shampoos, despite smelling great, were too rich for my hair and left it feeling weighed down and for that reason shall not be purchased in their full sized glory.
Pure BB Cream (Light) // Rimmel Stay Matte  // MAC Face and Body 

From these three foundations there is a clear winner which is my trusty Face and Body. Unfortunately the BB cream was far too dark for me and the Stay Matte far too cakey whereas at risk of sounding like i'm reading a fairy tale, the MAC was just right. It was the right shade for my skin in the summer and lightweight on the skin while providing buildable coverage. I haven't yet gone out to repurchase this foundation as the shade N1 was bordering on too dark at times however I wouldn't rule out a repurchase because of this.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

I love this concealer and no matter how hard I try to buy another concealer, I always cave in at the last minute and repurchase this. This particular shade was Fair 1 however upon trialing this in Medium 3, the results have been equally impressive, either way I don't seem to be straying from this £4 bargain and highly recommend.


MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist // Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer

For long lasting makeup this is my dream combination. The primer, despite perhaps being the culprit behind my pesky breakouts, provides a smooth base for my makeup and keeps it from caking throughout the day. This combined with the fixing mist ensures maximum lasting power and stops it from sweating off in the heat. Both of these I would repurchase.


YSL Babydoll Mascara - FULL REVIEW HERE

This worked great during the first 3 months of its life but soon after this it started to dry out which for an almost £25 mascara was disappointing. That being said, for the 3 months prior to this, this did a great job at lengthening my lashes and adding curl in the process. It worked well but unfortunately is a little out of my price range to promptly repurchase. 

MAC Naked Lunch Eyeshadow 

 I loved this eyeshadow - the champagne peachy pink was pigmented and great for everyday and evening wear alike. Paired with Mac Bare Study Paint pot, this provided a long lasting light base for my eyeshadow and one that I reached for on a daily basis. I would highly recommend this eyeshadow and if I wasn't to have a drawer full of champagne eyeshadows already, then I'd be straight back to the MAC counter to repurchase.

So that's all of my empties for now! I already have a Part 2 in my drafts so do keep an eye out for that!

What have you finished recently?

Beth xx

P.S I am planning on writing an AS Level Advice Blogpost/Q&A so feel free to leave any questions below or tweet me @CosmticLover! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe