LAB 2 Brush Review*: Multi-Purpose Brush, Blush Brush, Kabuki Brush, Blending Brush

17:00

I'm always on the look out for my next holy-grail makeup brush so was thrilled when I discovered LAB 2 brushes.  Offering brushes for eyes, lips and cheeks, LAB 2 brushes are cruelty free and vegan and also incredibly soft.

When selecting my brushes I opted for their Multi-purpose brush, Blush brush, Kabuki brush and Eyeshadow Blending brush. Although I love each of them, I must admit that the Multi-purpose brush has become a staple of mine.
Multi-Purpose Brush/ £11.99: Upon first seeing and trying out this brush, it reminded me very much of the ELF Studio Powder Brush ( do you guys remember that?!) except without the shedding that my ELF brush had when it finally gave up the ghost. The bristles are soft and densely packed yet blend in liquid foundation seamlessly. I tend to favour this brush for my liquid products, such as foundation or concealer, however I have also used this to create a harsh powder contour or blending out powder products - it really is multi-purpose! 

Blush Brush /£9.49 :Although this is marketed as a blusher brush, I tend to use this for powder or bronzer instead. Like the multi-purpose brush, this brush is very dense making it easy to pack colour whilst being excellent at blending. The domed-shape design moves easily along the contours of the face and deposits the perfect amount of blusher, bronzer or powder - perfect for the hollows or apples of your cheeks!

Kabuki Brush / £11.99: Surprisingly, this brush is less dense that the other two face brushes. That said, this brush is by far the softest of the four and is perfect for applying a light dusting of powder to set your makeup.

Blending Brush / £4.99 : This reminds me of a slightly longer and less dense version of the MAC 224 Blending brush. In theory, this brush would be perfect for placing shadow on the outer corner and blending out colour in the crease. Unfortunately, this brush is too big for my eyes and ends up getting eyeshadow everywhere. Instead, this brush is ideal for adding a brow highlight or applying highlighter to the bridge of your nose.

Overall I have been really impressed by the LAB 2 brushes, though if I were to pick a favourite it would definitely be the Multi-Purpose brush! They have all washed really well, have not shed any bristles and are all incredibly soft. They are competitively priced compared to my trusty Real Techniques brushes so are definitely worth taking a look at when next in Superdrug.

Have you tried LAB 2 brushes?

Beth x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe