CURRENTLY LOVING: NYX Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette Review*

17:00


NYX Professional Makeup Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette - £15

I was excited to try this palette and I have not been disappointed, so much so that I have found myself reaching for this over my more high-end alternatives (even my trusty MAC Soft and Gentle) due to its versatility and matching quality.

At first I wasn't sure how I would use some of the top colours, such as the lilac shade and the yellow/ gold. After some experimenting, however, I have found that they are great repurposed as eyeshadows. Its also worth noting that the shades are darker than they appear in the stock image on the website. The shades are highly pigmented, a little goes a long way, but blendable as not to leave you with a shiny stripe on your face. The colours become more vibrant when layered, such as the bottom right champagne and the lilac, however the shades worn alone look equally as good. I tend to use the far right shade as a blusher and the middle shade as a bronzer and mix the two lightest shades for my highlight. The shades provide a nice sheen without being glittery and will easily last all day.

I’ve been really impressed by this palette and strongly urge you to give it a go. 

Have you tried this palette?

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe