My Evening Pamper and Sleep Routine*

12:00


 For me, there's nothing better than getting all comfy and taking the chance to relax in the evening. With this in mind, I thought I’d take this opportunity to share with you how my evenings shape up and how I try to get my best nights sleep. My downtime can vary depending on whether I’m at uni or at home, but more recently, as I’ve been working full time during the summer, my relaxing evening starts as soon as I get home from work.


Maisie Gingham Cami + Short (Boohoo)
The first thing I’ll do once I’m home is get changed out of my uniform into something more comfortable, whether it be jeans or leggings and a t-shirt or, more often than not, straight into my PJ’s, even if it is 4 pm. My most recent, and current favourite pyjamas are my gingham checked pyjama set from Boohoo which are incredibly comfortable, and perfect for the hotter summer evenings. 





Once I’m in my comfy clothes, I usually want to free my skin by taking off my makeup and tying my hair back. For this, I’ve recently been reaching for ( and loving ) my Clinique Take the Day Off Balm  which melts your makeup and removes all trace of dirt when paired with a warm flannel. In contrast to my morning skincare routine, which is currently only moisturiser ( L’oreal Paris Hydra Genius Aloe Water - a lightweight moisturiser with a gel-like water texture that requires only a small amount for effective hydration all day), my night time skincare routine will always comprise of an oil or balm cleanser and often a serum - usually my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair


 

Once I’m all comfy and my skin clean from make-up , I’ll often set up base either on my bed or on the sofa in front of the TV. If I opt for the former, I often set up my laptop onto youtube and catch up on my subscriptions or catch up on my amazon prime series - more often than not Prison Break or Casual. 

Recently I’ve also rediscovered an old but guilty pleasure - candy crush. I’ll more often than not be playing on my iPad while bloggers such as BroganTateXO or Alice Thorpe  chatter on in the background. If I’m in the mood for a pamper evening, I’ll slather on a face mask ( I'm currently loving the L’Oreal Clay Charcoal Mask, paint my nails and sit with a hair mask in whilst I chill. Usually by the time I’ve caught up with my youtube, washed off my face and showered to rinse out my hair mask, I’m finally ready for bed. 


Now in order to get a good nights sleep, we’ve all heard it - stick to a schedule, stay clear of electrical devices, avoid naps… blah blah blah. In reality, I often watch my iPad in bed, I’m an advocate of naps and my sleeping schedule is almost always mucked up leaving no hope for my body clock. I do, however, believe that a relaxing bedtime ritual and routine, as well as a calm environment to sleep, free from mess, noise and disruption is a must. For me, I certainly notice a difference in my sleep when I’ve closed all of my blackout blinds, as I'm very sensitive to light, and my room is tidy. Speaking of light, I swear by my Lumie Light Alarm Clock  which I have set up to fade like a sunset before I go bed, which is especially great as it means I don’t have to go from stark ‘big light’ light to darkness, whilst also allowing me to run my final checks of social media/ youtube. 

Fundamentally, an excellent nights sleep comes from your bed, mattress and pillows. It's really important that your mattress is comfortable and supportive for you and companies such as Leesa emphasise the importance of a good mattress for a good nights kip. I personally had visited multiple furniture shops with mum testing the various firmnesses of the mattresses in order to make my final verdict. I’d been meaning to trade my old mattress in for a new one, anything older than 9 or 10 years is past its life expectant,  so when my mum finally found one online that was medium firm, turnable and memory foam topped, I couldn’t wait to finally give it a try - I was not disappointed!

So there we have it, my evening routine and some added tips for a good nights sleep. Fundamentally we all need to put our electronic devices down, take some serious downtime an hour or so before we go to bed at a similar time each day, but the realities aren’t always so simple. 

What's your evening routine?

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe