WHAT'S IN MY MAKE-UP BAG: AUTUMN/WINTER EDITION (feat. NEW Rimmel Volume Colourist Double Act Mascara and Rimmel Brow Colourist Eyebrow Tinting Gel)

16:00

As ever, it’s been a hot minute since I last updated you on  my daily makeup routine. Having gotten myself in a make-up rut, or a happy and complacent place, with the makeup I’ve been wearing for Autumn/ Winter, I thought that I’d share with you the products I’ve been most faithful to lately. For those of you who also read my last daily make-up routine blog-post, you may spot a couple of old faithfuls, however you’ll be glad to spot a couple of new additions... 
To start with my base, I must talk about my current favourite foundation, the new Maybelline Superstar 24H Full Coverage. I've had the opportunity to try this in the three lightest shades (03, 05 and 10) but find the lightest shade of the range to be a best fit. The foundation blends easily with a brush or, in my case, a damp real techniques sponge and settles into the skin to give a natural soft matte finish. If I am using a powder with this, there is no need to touch this up.  and the foundation will last all day, even without a primer. Paired with my foundation, I’ve continued to use the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer to brighten under my eyes without caking. As and when I decide to powder, I’ve currently been reaching for my Collection Loose Powder. A little too dark for my skin tone, I use this solely to dust over my face, namely my t-zone, and to keep my base in place all day.
For my cheeks I've still been loving my Benefit Hoola Bronzer, used with my NYX Strobe of Genius Palette for both blusher and highlight. The shades are highly pigmented but blend effortlessly as not to leave you with a shiny stripe on your face. I tend to use the far right shade as a blusher and the middle shade as a bronzer and mix the two lightest shades for my highlight. The shades provide a nice sheen without being glittery and will easily last all day. I’ve definitely got my fair share of use out of this since my last post back in August as I’ve hit pan on five of the seven shades.
On my eyes I've continued to reach for a combination of my NYX Strobe of Genius highlighter palette, the lighter colours dusted all over my lids, but switching it up using my Stila Eyes are the Window Palette (Soul) to deepen the crease. To accompany this I’ve recently been trying out the Rimmel Volume Colourist Double Act Mascara. The mascara is double ended with one end working as a tint and the other as a mascara. Where the mascara itself leaves for very natural looking fluttery lashes, doesn’t smudge or flake, I’ve been really impressed by the gradual tint that this has given my otherwise blonde lashes. For brows I’ve been using the Rimmel Brow Colourist Eyebrow Tinting Gel. For a brow rookie like me, this has been an easy way to add some colour to my otherwise, non-existent, brows.
Last but not least, I’ve been keeping my lips very simple by just using my EOS Lipbalm, switching it up with my Rimmel 107 lipstick during the festive period. 

So that's all for my Autumn/Winter make-up look! What are your go-to products for the cooler seasons? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe