Gift Guide | Christmas Gifts for Her

08:30

Christmas Gift Ideas for Her

collection of gifts for women

We’ve gone past the point of folding down the pages of the Argos catalogue and writing down a list of item numbers (which is basically a noughties childhood in a nutshell), so instead send this to your present buyer for some inspiration…

Over my (near) 10 years writing a blog, I’ve been meaning to put together an edit of Christmas Gift Ideas. For this post, I’ve compiled a collection of gifts I’ve received and loved in the past, across a range of budgets.

If you’re reading this and looking for some gift inspiration for a 20-something female in your life, any of the following items are guaranteed winners in my book. 

passport case, clutch bag, purse and card holder

Accessories

When it comes to accessories, there's a few key items I’ve received over the years that are now absolute staples for me year round. These include my Ted Baker Purse ( a gift for my 18th Birthday), Michael Kors Wristlet and Aspinal of London Card Holder (a gift for my 21st). Exchange these for their favourite brand of choice, and I can confidently say that these should get plenty of use/wear by the lucky recipient!

hand sanitizer, resistance band, tart burner
For tech, ensuring the lady in your life has a working phone charger (why do Apple ones always break!?) and a good set of headphones is always a good shout, and if their phone struggles with its battery life, buying a good external battery charging pack is also a practical edition, particularly if they are a frequent commuter or traveler.

Speaking of travel, I was lucky enough to receive my Aspinal of London Passport holder for my birthday a few years ago, and it has ensured I always know where my passport is and is taken care of! Although you do have to remove the case at customs, it’s always nice to know your passport is kept in a leather case. The Aspinal Travel Wallets are also great for keeping all of your travel documents in one place!

If the female on your to-buy-for list is a fan of fitness, I’d strongly urge you to check out Shreddy. I received a Shreddy resistance band and can firmly recommend the good quality of the fitness accessory. I also think a sturdy water bottle would be an ideal gift for a gym-lover (or just for someone who wants to up their water intake), and the Chillys Water Bottle is great for keeping drinks cold for 24 hours!

If you fancy going down the clothing route, then you can’t go far wrong picking something from the loungewear and pyjamas categories. I’ve regularly featured Loungewear Sets from Femme Luxe on my blog, however, BooHoo also has an extensive range of both PJ’s and loungewear sets to choose from. If you’d rather have a look at PJs to pick out in person, Primark is the mothership when it comes to Pyjama selection. I have also lived in my Fleeced Hoodie from Victoria Secret Pink since receiving it for christmas last year. Super cosy and perfect for throwing on in the evening.

Books and art are always a good option too. For books I’d recommend my 2 favourite cookbooks - both from Pinch of Nom. Both books contain a range of recipes, designed for those wishing to slim, however, you wouldn’t be able to tell from how great they taste! What I also love is how easy they are to pick up - so perfect for a cooking newbie!

I’m forever lusting over art from Desenio. I have two pieces in my collection, but would love to have a gallery wall one day. Although I don’t have a discount code myself, I’d urge you to scroll Instagram or YouTube to find their Influencer collaborations, as there’s often a 40% discount code lurking around!

Beauty Gift Ideas 

I feel like beauty is a tough one to buy for others as it can be so personal, so I’d suggest opting for luxe additions to a beauty routine. A few of my current favourites include the Iconic London Illuminator, Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer, Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil and the Clinique Cleansing Balm. Or for a real treat, the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm. I’d also urge you to consider purchasing a nice set of reusable makeup pads as a great no-waste alternative to cotton wool.

If you don’t want to make a guess on their makeup tastes, buying some great quality makeup brushes can also be a great route to go down. Some of my favourite makeup tools are from Real Techniques, including the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and makeup brush sets. I’ve owned mine since 2011 and they are still going strong. The sets have changed since I invested in them many moons ago, however, if I was looking to purchase this year, I think the Real Techniques Everyday Essentials set would be a good set to start with. For more of a splurge, the MAC 168 and MAC 217 brushes have been firm staples in my makeup bag since I received them as a christmas gift many years ago.

Buying perfume can also be a risky move, and can go one of two ways, however, if you are looking for some scent inspiration, I’d urge you to take a sniff at Paco Rabanne Olympea, YSL Black Opium, Paco Rabanne Black XS, Gucci Guilty, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, Scandal (Jean Paul Gautier), which are a few of my favourites.
origins charcoal face mask

Does the female in your life love a good pamper session? Well treat her to a lovely face mask and she will thank you later, I’m a big fan of Origins Charcoal Mask. Paired with some sweet treats and her drink of choice, and you are onto a winner. For me, you can’t go wrong with a fruity flavoured gin and a variety of chocolates. For me, I’d opt for Lindt, Kinder (Bueno’s please!), Malteasers or treat myself to Monty Bojangles Truffles!

yankee candle wax melts
You also cannot go far wrong with candles in my opinion, or even a wax tart burner paired with Yankee Candle Wax Melts. Alternatively, there are some great small businesses that make their own to match the scents of popular perfumes - so definitely worth a look on Etsy or Instagram. If you don’t wish to splurge on Jo Malone candles (they do smell beautiful!), Aldi do some great dupes at a more affordable price point. TK Maxx also sells some lovely Wooden Crackle Wick Candles that make a fire-like sound as you burn them. I also love a Reed Diffuser as a stocking filler gift, again you can get many budget options, right up to Jo Malone's Luxury Reed Diffusers.

So there it is my bumper guide to what to buy ‘her’ this year for Christmas. Hopefully, there’s something on here that you think the female in your life will like!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe