Worth the Hype? Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic (Not a Rave Review #10)

08:48


Late to the band wagon again, I recently picked up the Rimmel Apocalips in the shade 'Apocaliptic'. I honestly don't know what was coming over me picking up the brightest shade from the range and the one that suits me the least but nevertheless I thought that I would review the uber-hyped lip laquer.

Dissapointingly,  I cannot get this to work for me. This lip-stick- lip-gloss hybrid is highly pigmented, so much so that you can't sheer it out and this makes it difficult for me to wear as I find it is far too much for me to wear this on its own and I feel much like a clown, not impressed Rimmel.

Despite being glossy and not drying when applying this, this glossiness can only be achieved when applying a few layers which means you not only have to try and carefully apply the pigmented colour once but twice which is an incredibly hard task as if it goes anywhere outside your lips it is a pain in the neck to get off.

Because of this you would expect it to be long lasting. Wrong. This bleeds around your lips almost instantly and if you even think of eating or drinking you can guarantee that the apocalips will get all over your glass and more than likely all around your face.

Unfortunately this over-hyped product is just not for me and means that I have wasted my pennies on something that is now gathering dust after 2 uses so if somebody wants to buy this off me who likes the Apocalips then do feel free to contact me but I will be sticking to the Rimmel Lipsticks in future and shall be resisting future blogger hype!

Are you a fan of the Apocalips?

Beth xx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I found applying mine with a lip brush gave it a matte finish and a more toned down colour, so maybe you could try that? I agree with the bleeding thing though! Left my lipliner at home on holiday and it ended up bleeding all over my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these out yet, but I've been hearing mostly positive reviews on them! I had such high hopes for them! :(

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Celestial and Nude Eclipse and found them very easy to tone down - which is how I prefer them - although you did pick a very bright colour! I've never had a problem with it bleeding on me but then I guess that's due to toning it down.. If you'd tried a shade that suited you, maybe it could have worked xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got 'Nova' which is a bit like this one, I haven't tried it but I'm looking forward to trying it!

    great post,
    Zofia xo
    littlemisspradaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe