Technic Makeup Routine*

21:23


Makeup Routine using Technic Makeup

For those who know me well, I love a good bargain and when the lovely ( and patient can I add!) Sally got in touch about Technic and their budget beauty brand, I couldn't wait to try out their range. For long term readers, Technic was one of the first brands to feature on BMB and unfortunately in the first instance I was a little underwhelmed and disappointed in their products. Rest assured, with the opportunity to trial some of their new range 4 years later, I have a much better view of their makeup products and some of the goodies I was sent to try have a firm spot in my daily makeup bag and 5 minute makeup routine.

Is Technic makeup good?

When it comes to getting up on time in the morning I need all the help I can get so the touche-eclat esque twist up concealer works as a great pick me up. This doesn't provide the most coverage to hide my dark circle sins but I do like using this on my brow bone and inner corner to brighten up my face in the morning.

Also photographed is the Technic Colourfix pressed powder that is almost used up, hence the battered compact. This I have in the shade Cafe au Lait that comes in a MAC studio-fix esque compact, with a sponge and mirror under the powder itself. Although I am not normally one to use the free sponges, the mirror always comes in handy when I'm out and about. This has made a pleasant change from my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as of late however I do find this can settle into fine lines and need reapplication sooner than my Rimmel used to. Nevertheless, this doesn't oxidise which is always a plus for miss snow white over here.

The most surprising of all the products, for me, has been their Sultry Nude Eyeshadow Palette. Along a similar colour palette to the Naked Palettes, the technic palette ( Tawny) is a great versatile piece and at £1.49 a pop, dare I say a bargain. I have been wearing these shadows on a near daily basis and if I want to vamp it up in the evening, use my favourite in the palette (the satin-taupe dupe ( a little more cranberry perhaps ) in the crease and add more mascara. Admittedly these perhaps are less long lasting than my UD shadows, and the matt shades slightly chalky, however the shimmer shades are fabulous and extremely pigmented and ones I am now always reaching for.

I often try to cheat the fact that I haven't made an effort by wearing a red/ berry tone lipstick to detract the attention away from a rushed outfit and messy hair. The lip-shine gloss is extremely pigmented that, if carefully applied, won't bleed but leaves your lips looking full and hydrated. My favourite way to wear this has been over a deeper berry lip stain or matt lipstick, particular my Rimmel 107, and did I also mention, this smells and tastes of watermelon sweets, amazing!

Have you tried any of Technic makeup range recently? 

Beth xx

P.S Read my earlier thoughts about Technic makeup

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Those products look amazing!!!!!!!!! Great post
    Happy Easter!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me for a follow? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

I will endeavour to reply to all comments by email. Please leave your link with your comment and I will check out your blog. If you want to contact me via twitter you can do so at @CosmticLover

Subscribe